Collection of questions about Citicoline Sodium
1. What is citicoline sodium?
Citicoline is an endogenous nucleoside naturally produced in the body. Repair of nerve cell membranes requires a large amount of citicoline. It has the functions of repairing brain damage and antioxidant, and has been widely used in clinical applications.
2. What is the function of citicoline sodium?
Citicoline is the drug of choice for the treatment of cerebrovascular diseases, especially chronic cerebrovascular diseases, because its pharmacological effects on the central nervous system justify its clinical use.
1. Actively interfere with brain energy metabolism.
2. Stimulate central nervous transmission.
3. Activate cell repair mechanism.
4. Reduce the size of ischemic lesions.
5. Inhibit ischemia-related apoptosis.
6. Synergistic effect with thrombolytic drugs and neuroprotective drugs.
In addition, citicoline has analgesic effects involving the cholinergic system, opioid and gamma-aminobutyric acid receptors, the arginine-vasopressin system, and Na + /K + ATPase activity.
Studies have found that citicoline sodium has a positive effect on learning and memory in elderly animals and can be used to treat neurodegenerative diseases.
3. What is the difference between citicoline and citicoline sodium?
Citicoline sodium is the sodium salt form of citicoline, and dietary supplement forms of citicoline are usually in the sodium form for absorption.
4. What are the ways to take citicoline sodium?
Citicoline can be administered orally, intravenously, or intramuscularly. Oral administration can actually be completely absorbed, so its bioavailability is almost the same as intravenous administration. Once Citicoline is absorbed, It can be widely distributed in various parts of the body and can cross the blood-brain barrier and enter the central nervous system.
5. Is citicoline sodium good for the eyes?
Many studies suggest that citicoline may play a role in treating neurodegenerative diseases. Specifically, citicoline oral solution and eye drops have been found in clinical trials to slow the progression of glaucoma as an add-on therapy for the treatment of glaucoma.
6. What should I avoid while taking citicoline sodium?
Interactions between Citicoline Sodium and Food and Beverages: Limit alcohol consumption and smoking as these substances can reduce the effect and affect the health of the body.
7. Is citicoline sodium safe?
Long-term treatment with citicoline was shown to be well tolerated and not associated with serious adverse events. Citicoline is a safe, well-tolerated, and promising drug with proven neuroprotective properties.
At present, we have completed the production research and development of citicoline sodium, and the product pipeline can reach an annual production capacity of 200 tons, realizing the commercial scale production of citicoline sodium.