In animals, physical activity has been shown to improve mitochondrial biogenesis and function and increase NAD+ levels in primary metabolic organs. In fact, many of the benefits of exercise and fasting are thought to stem from an increase in NAD+, which stimulates mitochondrial function leading to the burning of fat and carbohydrate stores, and studies have shown that NMN supplementation can increase NAD+ levels and regulate mitochondrial biogenesis and function to improve metabolism.
In recent years, the research on NMN on obesity has been increasing, and various researchers have carried out related research on fat metabolism, hoping to find a new method for efficient fat loss and weight loss.
1. In 2016, the research team of Professor Shinichiro Imai at Washington University in St. Louis found that NMN helps to improve obesity and glucose intolerance caused by aging.
2. In March 2020, the team of Professor Sinclair, a famous anti-aging scholar at Harvard University, pointed out that long-term intake of NMN can regulate metabolic disorders caused by maternal obesity genetics, and significantly improve blood sugar regulation ability, liver fat content and body weight.
3. In April 2021, Qatari scientists published a study on NMN and lipid metabolism in the famous scientific research journal "Scientific Reports". The results showed that NMN can adjust the metabolic state of fat cells by activating SIRT1 protein, or It is expected to become a great potential weight loss method.
4. In April 2023, the research published online in "Biochemistry and Biophysics Reports" by the Graduate School of Comprehensive Pharmacy and Nutritional Sciences, Shizuoka University, Japan once again confirmed the fat-reducing effect of NMN: NMN can significantly reduce the amount of subcutaneous fat and the size of fat cells. And the study also explored the fat-reducing principle of NMN in detail. This study found that NMN can induce lipolysis by regulating ATGL expression through the SIRT1-AMPK axis in adipocytes.
5. Recently, Bhasin and colleagues at Harvard Medical School published an article in the "Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism" showing that supplementation with NMN formula can significantly reduce body weight and reduce total cholesterol, including harmful forms in overweight or obese adults cholesterol-low-density lipoprotein and lower blood pressure.
This series of studies shows that NMN has broad application prospects in the field of weight management.