Reduced glutathione is an internationally recognized anti-oxidant free radical drug. It is a peptide naturally synthesized by human cells. It can combine with free radicals in the body and convert them into easily metabolized acids, thereby accelerating the excretion of free radicals. At the same time, it inhibits the accumulation of drugs in the heel ganglion neurons, accelerates drug clearance, strengthens the recovery of nerve cell function, and reduces the neurotoxicity of drugs.
The main functions of glutathione are:
(1) Detoxification: for acrylonitrile, fluoride, mustard gas, carbon monoxide, heavy metals, organic
Solvents, arsenic agents (such as traditional Chinese medicine pyridoxine, androsulphur, etc.), poisoning by lead, mercury, sulfur, phosphorus, etc., all have detoxification effects.
(2) Radiation sickness and radiation protection: for radiation therapy, radiopharmaceuticals or leukopenia caused by the use of tumor drugs, and bone marrow tissue inflammation caused by radiation. It can improve its symptoms and has the effects of anti-radiation and sun exposure. It can also be used to treat scleroderma, dermatomyositis, lupus erythematosus and other diseases caused by radiotherapy.
(3) Protect the liver: It can inhibit the formation of fatty liver and improve the symptoms of toxic hepatitis and infectious hepatitis.
(4) Anti-allergic: It can correct the imbalance of acetylcholine and cholinesterase, thereby eliminating the allergic symptoms caused by this imbalance. It can be used for the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, dermatomyositis and arthritis.
(5) Improve the course and symptoms of certain diseases: It can improve the symptoms of leukopenia, hypoxemia, nausea, vomiting, itching and other symptoms caused by liver diseases.
(6) Beauty and skin care: Glutathione can integrate internal and external toxins such as free radicals and heavy metals in the body, prevent skin pigmentation, prevent new melanin formation and reduce its oxidation.
(7) Increase vision and prevent eye diseases: it can be used for keratitis, corneal trauma, etc., and can prevent the development of cataract and retinal diseases and prevent complications of diabetes.
(8) Anti-aging effect: Since glutathione can remove free radicals, heavy metals and other internal and external toxins, it is suitable for delaying aging and has a good effect.